Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Scientist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Develop analytical protein purification methods for antigens under consideration as vaccine candidates. Purification methods include affinity chromatography, IEC, and SEC using an AKTA FPLC system.
- Perform a variety of recombinant protein analytical techniques including SDS-PAGE, western blotting, ELISA, thermal shift assays, SEC/LSFPLC and BLI.
- Perform all steps required for recombinant protein expression, such as high-throughput expression of proteins in mammalian cell culture, yeast, baculovirus and bacterial cells; expression plasmid cloning and preparation.
- Perform immunoassays and flow cytometry experiments on animal and human samples.
- Maintain accurate daily records of experiments and results in pen in bound laboratory notebooks, making minor modifications or adaption's to established methods, procedures and/or techniques to solve problems in the work.
- Calibrate and operate a variety of laboratory instruments used to perform tests and analyses.
- Interpret, evaluate and discuss the result of each experiment as part of the planning process.
- Prepare various media, stock supplies and other reagents for use in the laboratory.
- Responsible for quality control of the laboratory including upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Order and maintain laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals, biological materials, liquid nitrogen; handle biological materials, infectious agents, biological wastes, etc.
- Follow existing SOPs lab protocols and assist in implementation of new procedures.
- Maintain laboratory equipment, maintain lab antigen inventory, and order lab supplies as needed.
- Perform computer analysis of data and use computer and computer software to prepare data for publication.
- Maintain crystallography plate supplies using automated liquid handling robots, perform automated crystallization screening, analyze crystal screens to identify growth conditions, reporting results and data storage.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. degree in a science related field. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience.
- Background in biology, chemistry, and/or biophysics.
- Relevant laboratory experience in automation and instrumentation.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Significant experience with AKTA purification systems and Unicorn software.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website