Kelly OCG is looking for a Level 3 Technician to join their team for a top semiconductor company in Folsom, California. This is a long-term ongoing project and it comes with benefits and paid time off. Below are the details and required skills. For immediate consideration, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and apply online.
Long-term ongoing project
Scope of Work:
- Candidate will be responsible for system bring up which includes client RVP and discrete graphics platforms and execution of Modern Standby testing.
- Candidate responsibilities will also include performance measurements at system level (OS, CPU, graphics and IO) and application level (memory consumption and graphics frame rates) and using certain creator workflow benchmarks in windows platforms.
- Candidate will also be doing basic trouble shooting/debug of any HW or SW issues they come across while executing the test and report the test results regularly.
- Candidate will work closely with the engineer assigned to the project during the project execution and maintain documentation of knowledge base of test execution methodologies and learnings.
- Candidate should be willing to learn and adopt the new test methodologies and performance measurement techniques provided by the Engineer as the projects evolve.
- Mastery of client required safety training.
- Mastery of client required standard operating procedures (SOP) lab training.
- Mastery of client required product knowledge and tech training.
- Ability to solder fine pitch surface mount components for board rework. (401 certification recommended)
- Hands on experience measuring characteristics of systems and features.
- Independently build, setup, upgrade and bring up platforms (CRBs, RVPs, Work Stations, customer systems).
- Read, understand, and follow test procedures.
- Edit and maintain test documentation and suggest improvements.
- Create new test content with guidance from engineers.
- Be able to configure test tools and accurately document the test results.
- Perform ad hoc test requests as requested by engineer and fellow technicians.
- Issue/failure reproducibility and detailed write-up of test sightings based on replication requests from HSD-ES, IPS, Bugzilla, or other sighting tracking tools.
- Independently triage simple sightings and file them with all required information.
- Independent triage of failures/drive issue to resolution.
- Familiarity with PC hardware, FW, BIOS, component drivers, OS applications. Be able to configure and assemble systems to support PC environments testing.
- Be able to use Dediprog tool for programming system FW and BIOS.
- Have basic AC/DC electrical circuitry knowledge including the ability to set up test equipment, read schematics and understand documentation specifications.
- Must have knowledge and experience with tools like Oscilloscopes, Digital Multi-meters, and programmable power supplies.
- Manage the identification, scheduling, submittal, and follow through of purchase requisitions for projects to support operations, and forward to client manager for approval.
- Execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Technician with Inventory Management Focus responsible for:
- Inventory management of HVI (High Value Inventory), HVPIP (High Value Physical Intellectual Property), lab equipment, including capital equipment and test fixtures
- Receive, unpack, and check condition and serial number of inventory, ensuring it matches original order / paperwork.
- Label inventory.
- Data entry and inventory tracking in system.
- Distribute or ship inventory to end users / customers or place in inventory storage.
- Delivery and pickups to/from other on-site labs.
- Track shipments in shipping tool.
- Track lab consumables, organize/maintain materials in storage, keep work area organized.
- Disposing of equipment and inventory procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with client's Finance and Security policies regarding intellectual property (IP) and HVI, performing quarterly Inventory Audits and other related tasks as needed.
- Executing entry level debug triage from HSD-ES sightings.
- Verify and update HSD-ES database with board issues and resolutions.
- Identifying areas of improvement or risk regarding work tasks responsibilities and make recommendations and/or proposals to the lab manager or lab staff as appropriate.
- Interfacing with and informing customers and stakeholders regarding inventory processes.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website