Every day, Kelly Scientific Resources connects scientific professionals with opportunities to advance their careers, and we currently have a contract-to-hire opening for a Lab Technician II near Kansas City, KS.
- Work with a range of technologies and equipment including microscopes, centrifugation, roller bottles, incubators, filtration/concentration skids, assist with the operation and manual and semi-automatic equipment for the use of inoculation and harvesting of viral fluid.
- Work directly with viral seed culture and virus propagation techniques
- Prepare buffer/media solutions and equipment preparations
- Follow aseptic technique and cGMP methods.
- Operate egg candler and vacuum pump to perform egg or cells observations
- Receive, disinfect, candle and transfer eggs and/or cells
- Record data in Production Records
- Aseptic technique, documentation, clean room lab work
- Lead inoculation and harvesting of viruses fluid (manual and semi-automatic)
- Set up laboratory machines (inoculation and harvest) – aseptically
- Disassemble machines for cleaning and sterilization and be capable of reassembling aseptically
- Cell counting, microscopic examination
- Operate autoclaves, pH/conductivity meters, microscopes
- Participate in writing standard operation procedures (SOPs) and batch production records (BPRs)
- Perform weekly, monthly cleaning and sanitation of laboratories, coolers, freezers and hallways
- Data collection
- Order supplies
- Undergraduate degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, or other related field and 0-1 years of work experience in a cGMP environment
- Associates degree in life science field and at least 1-2 years of work experience in a cGMP environment
- Must understand aseptic technique
- Cell culture and viral culture knowledge
- Must be able to become gown certified
- Mathematical aptitude
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Technical expertise
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision as well as in fast paced team environment
- Time management skills
Position required to be fully gowned in an aseptic environment
6 month temp project that is 90% likely to go permanent.
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website