Lab Technician I - Clinical Pathology
- Minneapolis, MN
- M-F Standard Business
- Starting Compensation: $18/hr
- Temporary to Hire
Summary: Performs basic chemical and hematologic clinical pathology in support of all types of studies in accordance with SOPs and study protocols while adhering to GLP and non-GLP study guidelines as required.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures in order to successfully perform job duties associated with acquisition of routine and specialty clinical pathology assays on blood and other body fluids across all species at
- Performs hematology, chemistry, coagulation, and urinalysis tests according to SOP, study protocols, and veterinary order. Reviews results for abnormal parameters per SOP.
- Prepares and reviews blood slides
- Performs daily and periodic quality control procedures for all analyzers. Generates data for appropriate control reference ranges for analyzers
- Maintains clinical pathology equipment, including instrumentation for hematology, serum and plasma chemistry, and coagulation analysis.
- Compiles and distributes clinical pathology analysis documentation from internal and external test sites.
- May assist with editing or creating worksheets, SOPs, reference documents, protocols, and reports.
- Communicates well with auditors, clients, and other staff members.
- Associate or Bachelor s degree in Veterinary Technology, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field is required.
- One year experience in a GLP laboratory setting is preferred.
- Certification in a related field is desirable, but not required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the requirements listed above.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website