Kelly Scientific Resources has immediate position available in the Evansville area for a Lead Chemical Operator to support pilot plant operations with a global polymer company.
Contract to Hire –
Weekly pay !
Primary responsibilities include:
- Active engagement in safety culture. Focus on safe operation of piloting activities. Complete required safety training.
- Fully participate in safety and house-keeping activities.
- Enter work notifications for maintenance. Work synergistically with electricians, mechanics, etc. to address maintenance and equipment issues.
- Manage the raw material inventory and bulk ordering for pilot plant operation
- Assist on Pilot Plant operations in High Heat Technology Group, including but not limited to batch formulation, spray over drying, chemical reaction, filtration, devolatilization extrusion, centrifugation, waste handling and material logistics.
- Routine sampling and basic analytical testing of pilot plant samples for formulation and operation of chemistries.
- Review and understand site standards (LOTO, line opening, pressure relief…) as they apply to chemical operations.
- Perform small modifications on pilot scale equipment, for example tubing, flexible hoses, local instruments, etc for temporary operations.
- Work closely with chemists and engineers during batch execution for safe and accurate execution.
- Flexibility to operate other High Heat Technology scale-up assets as needed by business priorities.
Non-Exempt – 28 hourly
- College algebra and college chemistry or equivalent credits from STEM related courses.
- 3+ yrs of recent chemical process operation (in the last 5 years) or Associates degree in STEM field.
- Must have ability and willingness to work overtime and call-ins as needed.
- Candidates must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the position.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent computer skills (Proficient in MS Word / Power point / Excel)
- The person should have a working knowledge of the hazards of handling chemicals, a working knowledge of MSDSs, and a good understanding of typical unit operations used in chemical process.
- Familiar with LOTO procedures and other safety practices typical in the industry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to perform small modifications to pilot equipment.
- Ability to work independently as well as demonstrated teamwork skills.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website