Are you looking for a great new position? We're waiting to hear from you!
Kelly Services has a temporary opening for an Import Logistics Coordinator
with a Global Agricultural company located Indianapolis, IN.
Job Title: Import Logistics Coordinator
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Length of Assignment: 6 months or longer
Shift Hours: Full time-- Monday-Friday—7:30am to 4:000pm
This role manages international trade operations for US imports and exports of chemical samples for the company. This job requires continual interaction with sourcing coordinators, researchers, vendors, CRO's, Customs brokers, freight forwarders, airlines, on-site logistics and other functional groups in order to allow the companies R&D to remain in compliance with internal policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Views and processes US import and export requests within inventory management systems.
- Conducts compliance reviews prior to dispatch, including tariff classification, export control classification, valuation, Country of Origin (COO), denied party screenings, labeling and transport requirements as needed.
- Provides logistics support to shippers, including instruction for air waybill creation and routing, broker turnover, and invoice preparation (e.g. tariff classification, value, COO, Incoterms, etc.). Also obtains/provides Safety Data Sheets and appropriate GHS or FIFRA labels when applicable.
- Tracks inbound shipments and provides timely status updates to interested parties.
- Coordinates with forwarding agents, airlines and brokers to support broker turnover, Customs entry transmission and delivery.
- Facilitates communication between CBP, EPA, FDA, USDA, and pertinent internal resources to resolve issues or exceptions during the entry process.
- Electronically file and maintain all shipment records associated with shipment, including shipment instructions, tariff classifications, entry documents, other government agency documents, etc. in accordance with government and internal policies.
Requirements for this position:
- 2-3-year logistics experience, preferably international
- Previous trade compliance experience preferred
- Knowledge of US CBP import requirements, EPA regulations including FIFRA and TSCA preferred
- Knowledge DOT and IATA transportation requirements
- Experience with SAP and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking skills
- Great attention to detail
- Previous experience in chemistry
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “Submit resume” button below to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (Ann Delestine at 206-524-6980); however your resume must be received via the “Submit resume” button included within.
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website