Government Affairs Specialist Long Islanf City, N.Y. $30 to 35 Hr. DOE
Our client a well known media company is looking for a Government Affairs Specialist. The position will be working remote mostly but you may have to travel on occassion.
The Government Affairs Specialist is critical to ensuring that Company merger, regulatory and franchise commitments/obligations are compliant, internally consistent, and executed in a timely manner. This individual must be able to analyze detailed data, understand legal/regulatory obligations, spot trends/issues, and draft submissions to meet legal/regulatory requirements and to best position the Company with regulatory relationships. Individual must be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, possess excellent communication skills and able to effectively handle multiple projects meeting assigned deadlines. Must demonstrate initiative and be able to see tasks through to completion with minimal oversight.
- Cable Franchises/Ordinances: Support compliance with franchises including preparation of necessary paperwork related to contracts with franchising authorities, maintenance of accurate records, implementation of franchise obligations, proactive action on required items including interaction with company departments needed to fulfill obligations, and strategic evaluation of efficient and effective fulfillment of requirements.
- Regulatory Compliance: Organize, assess and manage the preparation of key required regulatory obligations, including merger conditions, submissions required by applicable local, state and federal cable regulations and other compliance obligations as directed. Portfolio involves preparation of compliance guides for relevant business units, drafting of filings with regulators, tracking/proactive issue identification of business data used for compliance submissions, interaction with various other business units and interaction/advocacy with regulators as requested by other department members.
- Project Management: Lead and/or support assigned projects. Create, track, clearly communicate and ensure adherence to timeline, milestones and deliverables; Coordinate with key internal and external stakeholders; ensure project is executed in an operationally efficient manner and that roadblocks are timely assessed and escalated with recommended solutions.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Four years of business, operational or analyst experience, including experience with legal/regulatory obligations; government, media, communications experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to develop and execute an initiative with minimal ongoing oversight and excellent follow through.
- Ability to establish relationships at all levels in a corporate setting.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to distill complex data/issues for presentation with various internal and external audiences.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities at once and prioritize without jeopardizing deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated “speed to market” skills, and nimble to change direction.
- Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Ability to be a quick study on new areas.
- Positive, solution-oriented demeanor.
- Proficient knowledge, with proven experience of Microsoft Office applications.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website