Maintenance Technician / Lancaster, PA
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for one of our top clients in Lancaster, PA
As a Maintenance Technician placed with Kelly Services you will be responsible for providing technical support to the Process in the manufacturer of consumer pharmaceutical products.
- Technical support includes performing and documenting maintenance, making and documenting adjustments to process equipment, and contributing to change control activities, projects and facility outages.
- Technical Associate will also support operations in equipment change over and provide technical direction to operating associates when assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and communicate to supervision all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues (material, procedure, and process) as observed.
- Responsible for ensuring the reliability of equipment that is utilized for the processing and packaging of Lancaster products.
- Must be responsive to the manufacturing environment for maximum up-time of equipment.
- Perform the technical portions of changeovers within his/her process area within allotted timeframes.
- Perform Corrective, Preventative and Emergency Maintenance and document within CMMS (SAP).
- Contribute to root-cause analysis of equipment / component downtime issues.
- Support the planning group with information to order repair parts or coordinate contracted repair services.
- Ensure that all documentation associated with his/her activities is documented with Good Documentation Practices. (includes but not limited to CMMS, protocols, batch records, investigations, PM modification forms and logbooks)
- Follows all appropriate safety requirements- use of PPE, Lock-out/tag-out, confined space entry etc.
- Participates in protocols, change control activities and line trails in the planning, execution and analysis phases.
- Operate Manufacturing and/or Packaging equipment/machinery to manufacture and/or package product as per applicable SOPs for the purpose of troubleshooting, adjustment and repairs.
- Follow applicable SOPs and batch records.
- Maintain an updated and current training record (adhere to training timelines in Compliance Wire, etc.)
- Participate in Safety initiatives and other plant designated programs (Zero Defects, OEE etc.)
- Participate in team meetings and shift change-over meetings.
- Work as a team member with Team Leaders and PRT members for process family line to ensure process outcomes (Business Unit results) are achieved.
- Work with Packaging Engineers/Tech Ops Engineers to resolve issues
- Conduct work based on established and certified cGMP, Safety & Environmental practices.
- Participates in investigations and internal and external audits.
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities for process and equipment.
- Share work knowledge/expertise with fellow team members and company personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensure quality and compliance in all actions by:
- Attend GMP training on the schedule designated for this ole and as appropriate for the role.
- Complete training in Compliance Wire, in assigned instructor led classrooms or as a performance qualification as assigned.
- Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to this role.
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks that performed
- In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report and seek correction for deviations noted in workplace.
- Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
- Strong mechanical, electrical and/or pneumatic skills and knowledge
- Experience with computerize maintenance management systems is a plus too.
- Experience with basic computer skills, including Windows Operating Systems and applications or equivalent is required.
- Ability to train on day shift and then work either 2nd or 3rd shift once training is complete.
- Able to occasionally lift is up to 50 lbs.,
- Ability to climb a ladder, and a combination of standing and sitting for a normal shift of up to 12 hours.
- A High school diploma or its equivalent for this position and working toward at minimum a A.S. Degree in Technical discipline desired.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website