Manufacturing Technician - Bio-pharmaceutical (Fremont, CA)
Long-Term Temp. Assignment (Possible Temp to Perm Opportunity!)
Pay Rate: $18/hour
Candidates must be flexible to work any shifts (day, swing or night shifts), including weekends and over time!
- Shifts are 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week from: Sunday-Wednesday OR Wednesday to Saturday. Flexibility is a must!
- 1st Shift: 6:00 am - 4:30 pm
- 2nd Shift: 2:00 pm - 12:30 pm
- 3rd Shift: 11:00 pm – 7:30 am
- Executes fundamental unit operations in Downstream manufacturing related to the manufacturing of bulk drug substance in a multi-product facility. Performs duties under limited supervision and according to standard operating and manufacturing procedures.
- Executes independently with adequate training non-complex fundamental operations as parts cleaning, weigh and dispense, equipment prep, kits assembly, and staging. Performs internal support duties including stocking consumables/materials, updating controlled SOP binders, appropriately discarding expired reagents, recognizing and reporting process and equipment anomalies.
- Executes with oversight of qualified staff fundamental tasks as CIP and SIP of tanks, manufacturing equipment as well as buffer prep and transfer into tanks and bags Daily analytics and maintenance of analytical equipment. Cleaning and setup of equipment.
- Documents work according to cGMP and cGDP. Adheres to established regulations and follows cGMP established by site. Reports abnormalities and deviations in a timely and accurate manner. Adheres to safety standards and identifies unsafe situations / habits and escalates appropriately. Maintains production areas according to predefined standards (5s).
- Keeps own training on track and trains other technicians and associates on operations.
- Contributes to Quality activities as investigations and area walk-throughs.
- Working in a highly regulated enviroment following all applicable BI and BI Fremont SOPs, OCPs and BGSs for cGMP, EHS and Compliance policies.
- Required to work according to given schedules in a 24/7 shift structure and flexibility to adapt working schedule upon prior given notice.
- Low to moderate - strong focus on execution of repeatable tasks with moderate technical complexity. Performing highly proceduralized tasks.
- Basic interactions Manufacturing Cell Culture, Manufacturing Purification, Manufacturing Compliance, Engineering & Technology, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Quality Control
- Does not require extensive technical knowledge of manufacturing operations. Low impact, repeatable, highly
Associates/Bachelors Degree in Science or Engineering or biotechnology vocational training.
Preferable 1 or more years of experience in cGMP regulated industry.
- Ability to concentrate on detail oriented work in a complex technical setup with a Quality and Right the first time mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with computer-based systems.
- Ability to read and understand SOPs and work instructions and document work in a written format applying cGMP standards.
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team and collaborate effectively with staff.
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website