Within the Microbiology department, this role is responsible to performs all aspects of routine and non-routine microbiological testing of food and environmental samples.
- Perform microbiological analysis of food and environmental samples using conventional plating techniques as well as PCR and ELISA instrumentation.
- Identify microorganisms by microscopic examination of physiological and cultural characteristics.
- Perform cultural confirmations for pathogens.
- Ensure accurate and complete traceability and documentation of testing activities performed, including LIMS result entry.
- Review result for accuracy and suitability prior to approval, initiating additional testing per client requests if required.
- Identify, communicate and document non-conformities with samples, instrumentation and methodologies, assisting with troubleshooting as assigned.
- When required, assist with method verification activities as directed by assigned staff.
- Perform routine and non-routine instrument maintenance and routine troubleshooting.
- Referring to LIMS, ensure client expectations for turnaround time are met, communicating with Lead Microbiologists and Supervisor on status or potential delays.
- Review of controlled documents and procedures
- For methods within area of responsibility, provide training for other laboratory staff.
- Participate in quality system activities, including maintenance of test and training records.
- Identify and assist with implementation of process improvements
- Adhere to lab safety procedures and reporting standards.
- Follow written Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned to assist with the operations of the lab.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sciences, preferably Microbiology, plus 2 years in laboratory experience (or equivalent combination)
- Ability to distinguish colors as required for Microbiological testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team.
- Positive outlook with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website