Microbiologist I, II
Kelly Services is seeking a Microbiologist I, II for one of our top health clients in the Harlingen, TX. The Microbiologist will be under the general supervision of the South Texas Laboratory Branch Manager and under the technical guidance of the Emergency Preparedness Team Leader and will coordinate specimen logistics for Coronavirus and Zika virus testing.
- Coordinates and performs complex laboratory procedures, including PCR for the identification of arboviruses from clinical specimens.
- Coordinates and processes all clinical specimens received for PCR procedures ensuring that worksheets are available to expedite workflow.
- Reviews and interprets PCR results and determines and coordinates any additional work needed on the specimens.
- Enters and validates clinical results in LIMS ensuring that all results, demographic information have been entered. Notifies appropriate parties of significant results via phone and e-mail.
- Prepares media and adequate supplies of high-quality reagents needed for the routine Coronavirus and Zika diagnostic work including reagents for PCR.
- Coordinates and performs quality control testing and documentation for media and reagents.
- Assists with the evaluation, development, and implementation of new procedures for the detection and identification of arboviruses.
- Assists other staff in their duties and provides additional support to maintain a high quality of work.
- BS degree in Microbiology, Biology or related field
- Considerable knowledge of microbiology principles and practices including laboratory safety, aseptic technique, and handling of pathogenic organisms.
- Ability to use various items of laboratory equipment, including a computer for word processing, spreadsheet and database analysis and results reporting.
- Must possess a valid Class C Texas driver's license, or equivalent license from another state
- M-F, 1st Shift and 2nd Shift
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website