Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as an Operations Coordinator at the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Act as focal point and primary initial contact for matters concerning the Office of Science Policy, Planning, and Communications (OSPPC); design and coordinate systems for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities.
- Provide technical support and support to staff during execution of day-to-day functions, planning and implementation of projects, including setting priorities, monitoring and following through on assigned tasks, monitoring project status, meeting deadlines, reviewing deliverables and providing status updates.
- Participate in meetings; prepare oral and written summaries for dissemination; note commitments made by executive level staff during meetings and arrange for staff implementation; compose meeting minutes; create and maintain agendas for administrative team meetings.
- Schedule meetings and manage calendars for OSPPC Directors and staff via Outlook.
- Analyze program performance to identify issues and develop recommendations for improvement; draft standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines for implementation of programmatic and administrative activities as guided by existing policies, procedures, directions, orders, and other guidance.
- Develop, update, and maintain spreadsheets to analyze information, including personnel, budget, travel, and training; develop budget proposals; monitor expenditures; create summaries and report based on information; manage administrative reference documents such as staff schedules, tours of duty, contact information, budget tracking; upload, organize, and maintain information on SharePoint.
- Review data for accuracy and currency; ensure prompt collection, reporting, and filing of information needed for meetings, briefings, and reports.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
- Organize the coordination of meeting planning and logistical arrangements, including room and audiovisual reservations, virtual platforms such as Zoom, MS Teams, WebEx, and other remote connection arrangements; prepare and transmit agendas and relevant materials; contact and communicate with participants; prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Coordinate local and domestic travel for OSPPC Leadership and staff. Coordinate participation and attendance of staff members at workshops, conferences, and meetings; orient travelers about Federal travel policy; prepare travel authorizations; ensure review and approval; prepare and submit vouchers for expenses.
- Organize and monitor federal property from acquisition to providing assistance to surplus; use the NBS Sunflower Property System and the NIH Property Management Portal (NPMP) to support property management activities.
- Ensure proper implementation of federal personal property, as defined by federal laws, regulations, and HHS and NIH Property Management Policies.
- Develop, maintain, update, and utilize various administrative databases.
- Prepare summaries and reports that include analysis of findings and recommendations.
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of documents, including travel requests, official duty memoranda, training requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, summaries, reports, schedules, agendas.
- Coordinate space renovations and moves; track and manage related deadlines; brief leadership on progress and anticipate potential problems.
- Stay abreast of government policies for purchasing; use Purchasing Online Tracking System (POTS); ensure that purchases entered are approved and tracked through receipt; advise staff on their status; process order shipments upon delivery.
- Provide support with timekeeping duties per the NIH ITAS requirements as they pertain to contractors; maintain accurate records.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a BA/BS.
- Minimum of nine (9) years of experience in related field.
- Extensive experience and expertise with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Teams
- Knowledge of Access and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of IT systems, especially data management.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to independently follow through on tasks.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website