Production Supervisor- Orangeburg NY 10913
Temporary to Hire
2nd shift- 3pm to 11pm
- Responsible for meeting manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees.
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. (SOP's, GDP's and GMP's). The Production Supervisor is responsible for conducting performance evaluations, as well as ensuring compliance with Company rules/regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Assure accuracy of shift production reports, to include: Production Logs, Line Reports, Waste Reporting, Material Control Reports/Systems, Re-Work Sheets and Quality Defects.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; following priorities; monitoring progress; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all PPE, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Supervise team members to identify and resolve quality defects, machine efficiency losses, material problems, etc.
- Work with team mechanic to resolve mechanical problems contributing to machine downtime.
- Provide constructive input pertaining to product/process pre-production activities and insure that production startup, new/revised products or processes can be satisfactorily handled by team members. Conduct pre-production team meeting on an as needed basis.
- Train team members to effectively perform all necessary product assembly, quality, safety, materials control, and production reporting functions.
- Responsible for the identification of machine problems and the effective coordination of mechanical support and material handling services in order to achieve machine production, quality, and waste controls.
- Take corrective action to resolve individual team member performance issues which do not conform to established Standard Operating Procedures, policies and practices.
- Set high standards of professional conduct relative to adherence to safe work practices, product quality, personal work habits, positive attitude, housekeeping and Company policies.
- Effectively recommend reward (e.g. merit increases) for the attainment thereof.
- Establish a mutually supportive and effective interface with other production teams, their Team Leaders, and production support services. Report and take necessary immediate action for all industrial accidents or injuries, regardless of how minor.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
5-10 Years of experience working in regulated industry- cGMP
Excellent organizational skills, previous leadership experience
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website