Supervises the daily activities of the purchasing function. Reviews purchasing decisions, orders, and vendor contracts. Oversees the ordering of materials arid supplies from vendors. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically
reports to a manager or head of a unit/department..
SECTION III: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(A list of the duties and responsibilities performed by this job.
1. Employee relations: ln conjunction with Manager, leads associates to achieve Company, plant, and team goals and objectives that have significant impact on operations. Participate in formal project teams. Implements measurable goals and objectives to be attained by the team. Monitors team progress and calculate team and individual associate productivity, creates action plans, and provides feedback. Create an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect to activate continuous improvement processes. Prioritize, assign, and monitor work including special projects of staff. Adjusts workload schedules to maintain equal distribution levels of work and housekeeping responsibilities. Builds rapport and resolves associate conflicts to advocate effective teams through listening and coaching skills. Formulates training needs of staff to expand problem solving, decision making techniques and develop individual job skills. Conducts supervisory human resource activities such as: interviewing, employee discipline, performance assessments, salary administration, career development, etc. Tracks individual associate performance and maintains personnel files including time, attendance, vacation, paid time off, warnings, etc. as required. Responsible for associates- adherence to all State and Federal Regulations and Company Policies affecting their departments- includes Company's Employee Code of Conduct, Safety and Human Resource Policies. Accepts responsibility to support Company actions and policies as being fair, reasonable, and good for the company. Transmits supervisory support of Company actions and policies in all employee communications. Promote a positive attitude and encourages self-confidence to alter associates performance to enable them to reach their maximum ability.
2. Completes daily, weekly, and monthly objectives as determined by supervisor. Utilizes multiple software applications to coordinate the transfer of information between multiple departments, Ensures Purchasing department uses safe methods to meet or exceed customer expectations within budgetary guidelines. Works to reduce unit cost and increase profits of site wide operations.
3. Review purchasing controls and corrective actions: Approves revisions to Operating Standards and policies for Purchasing Operations. Schedules and administers problem solving meetings to develop process corrective actions. Advocates on the job training for associates to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
4. In conjunction with Purchasing Manager, ensures ISO 9001 quality compliance program for the procurement function.
5. Participates in formal project teams. Directs, communicates, and delegates project plans. Performs additional duties as assigned by manager.
6. Effectively works with others within the team to achieve team goals. Effectively communicates with co-workers and Manager. Follows Company's Employee Code of Conduct Policy and maintains and adheres to Company Safety Policies and Procedures.
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Minimum 5 years experience in the purchasing field
3. Professional license or certification:
4. Specific skills, knowledge acd abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to apply quality improvement techniques in daily work.
- Strong knowledge of purchasing and procurement fields.
Direct Hire Position!
Apply here or send resume to Rie.Robertson@kellyservices.com
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website