Every day, Kelly Scientific Resources connects scientific professionals with opportunities to advance their careers, and we currently have a contract opening for a QC Chemist near Chicago, IL.
- Perform duties to analyze and monitor the quality of raw, in process and finished products
- Collect product samples from production departments for analysis
- Document test results
- Perform quality checks on equipment, products and packaging
- Authorize holds on finished products when required
- Calculates and re-blends raw materials or finished products that are out of specification
- Maintains records on packaged and bulk products
- Conducts special testing when needed
- Communicates with USDA Inspector as needed
- Trains other QC personnel
- Processes HACCP paperwork in the absence of the QC manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Chemistry or equivalent experience
- Open to entry level or if have no degree 2 years of wet chemistry experience
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP
- Good problem solving/analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Takes initiative
12pm-6pm (30-32 hours a week)
5 days a week, any 5 days – must be flexible to any day, including the weekend
- Could be Wednesday-Sunday or Sunday-Thursday (not confirmed, so need to be flexible)
Position is open due to a busy time of the year. 6-8-week long opportunity
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website