Quality Assurance Supervisor – Anaheim, CA
Direct Hire - 2nd Shift
Position Summary: This position is responsible for routine segments of the quality assurance functions either directly or through QA Technicians. Responsible for the training of techniques and procedures for inspecting and testing customers products and for the conducting of research on products defects in order to recommend modifications in products and/or quality standards on the basis of this research and of analysis of customer complaints. May also include responsibility for actual inspection and testing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
- Supervise the department for performing timely execution of product and packaging evaluations.
- Ensure that all the results of the inspections and analysis are accurate.
- Interpret any trends that may jeopardize product quality and safety.
- Ensure that departmental, company, customer and regulatory guidelines are adhered to.
- Ensure that customer requirements for obtaining line analysis reports and line samples are met.
- Ensure that all products that are not meeting established specifications are held and segregated; sampled and appropriate documentation is generated.
- Communicate and coordinate with the manufacturing departments to ensure a concerted and proactive team effort is maintained.
- Supervise the training of QA Technicians and ensure that proper skill sets are developed and documented.
- Assure that equipment and reagents are being calibrated and labeled.
- Establish sampling plans in the various steps of the following processes may be a routine requirement if perceived to be necessary:
- Ingredient and packaging receiving.
- Blending and thermal processing if there is an indication that product quality or safety may be jeopardized.
- Finished goods to ensure quality parameters are met.
- Holds product for further analysis and disposition.
- Troubleshoot and identify causes of quality deviations and provide recommendations for corrective and preventative measures.
- Perform GMP, HACCP and Sanitation Inspections.
- Available 24 hours a day via cell phone.
- Meet with QA Technicians daily and attend pre-shift meetings.
- Meet with the QA Managers regularly.
- Trained on QA analysis, calibration, and quality checks; assists QA Technicians if needed.
- Investigate non-conforming product within 24 hours.
- Provide information to the QA Manager.
- Investigate customer complaints.
- Monitor QA retain and micro samples to ensure samples are saved and destroyed appropriately.
- Audit the production areas to assure the customer s requirements are being met.
- Oversees weekly verification/calibration of scales, thermometers, refractometers, pH meters, CO2 Analyzer, Double Seam Inspection System and other instruments in the lab that require verification/calibration.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with some courses in food science, biology, microbiology, chemistry preferred.
- Education may be waived in lieu of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in quality assurance/control function or supervisory experience in a beverage manufacturing environment.
- Length of work experience may be waived for internal candidate with quality assurance/control knowledge and experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in pasteurization/thermal process systems, HACCP programs and GMP policies.
- HPLC and can seaming experience.
- Familiarity with ISO, SPC, and Process Improvement concepts.
- Strong PC systems and software application skills (administer database, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.).
- Work with the HR Manager and the QA Manager on any QA Human Resources related issues.
- Understand FSSC 22000 and ISO9001:2008 standards.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
For immediate consideration, apply today! Contact Toni for further details at 714-454-8252 OR TONM369@kellyservices.com
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website