Kelly Services is seeking a Quality Control Inspector in St. Louis, MO!
3rd Shift: 10:00 pm - 6:30 am Sun - Thurs
Location: St. Louis, MO 63146
Position Overview: Responsible to ensure production objectives are met in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. The Successful candidate will be one who is looking to advance his/her manufacturing career through development and implementation of standard manufacturing principles and will have the desire to promote to high levels of responsibility within the organization.
Role Summary/Purpose: Part Inspectors are responsible for reviewing all MRB, Autogage Rejects, and Inspection of prototype parts where autogages are not available.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Verify previous operations are performed and accepted.
- Compare work instructions on machines to the manufactured product for correct part number, drawing and revisions
- Perform dimensional and visual inspection of sheet metal and machined parts or assemblies, against provides blueprints, to company and industry specifications and standards.
- Handling and inspecting very small parts (metal)
- Usage of micrometers, calipers, gauges, microscopes and comparator
- Read blueprints, data, manuals and maintaining documentation
- Good eyesight, as components are small and have extremely slight variances
- Check physical appearance of parts, for adherence to establish damage.
- Perform mechanical and dimensional inspection using CMM, scales, micrometer and calipers.
- Support Operators by assisting with informal training that utilize/reference company and industry specifications.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Ability to read instructions, notices, handbooks, and technical requirements and specifications.
- Ability to communicate ideas and observations in an understandable manner in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand piece tickets.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to calculate area and volume.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- PC experience as well as Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with dimensional drawings.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of machine control interface on the Hydromat machine.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website