Quality Control (QC) Inspector, San Diego, CA
The QC Inspector supports packaging, labeling, and shipping operations. This position will include incoming materials inspection activities. The QC Inspector may assist with document control activities and product lot disposition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for material flow, storage of parts, and accurate inventory transactions within the MRP system.
- Performs first article inspections and supplies data to engineering. Assists in the development of inspection procedures
- Identifies problems, and proposes resolutions that are timely, cost-effective, and meet quality requirements.
- Responsible for accurately recording inspection results and maintaining good documentation practices.
- Responsible for visual and/or dimensional QC inspection and/or testing of incoming quarantined materials, inspection of in-process materials, labeling, and final commercial product.
- Performs and understands geometric tolerance, inspection of electronic assemblies, and acceptance sampling plans.
- Must be able to distinguish between certain colors and pass an annual color vision test
- Reads and understands specifications and inspection criteria and applies criteria using appropriate and properly configured inspection tools. Reads and understands schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Applies proficient computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office and database applications such as Oracle and SolidWorks.
- Works and communicates effectively and professionally with others.
- Assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and six (6) months work experience as a QC Inspector, or equivalent combination of education and related manufacturing and/or QC experience.
- Medical Device experience preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website