Kelly Scientific is seeking a direct hire R&D Senior Cosmetic Chemist in Elkhart, IN.
Relocation assistance provided!
Essential duties and responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
- Formulation and reverse engineering of skin, body, hair care products in both non-aerosol and aerosol formats, employing general cosmetic science and laboratory principles and techniques.
- Forms: Traditional Propellant Aerosols, Bag on Valve, O/W, W/O emulsions, gels, pomades, shampoos, conditioners, body wash, hand soaps, mousses and OTC formulations
- Help create a strong culture of innovation with constant curiosity and a passion for researching new products, chemistry, and technology that drives new business opportunities and speeds the pace of proactive innovation
- Experience with regulatory requirements as it pertains to cosmetic/personal care formulation, as well as aerosol formulation limitations/restrictions (CARB, etc)
- Expertise and intimate knowledge of all technical aspects of aerosol and bag on valve developments
- A working knowledge of formula scale up and manufacturing equipment
- Collaborate and support process engineering
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Documentation and recording techniques common to laboratory practices
- Conducts and tracks all required performance and stability tests, interprets, records and reports results
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the R&D Management.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related discipline required
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience in cosmetic formulation and development – with a majority of this experience working with aerosols and BOV technologies
- Highly creative with very strong problem solving capabilities
- Moves quickly while maintaining high levels of quality
- Experience formulating home and air care very much appreciated, but not required
- In depth knowledge of principles of cosmetic science
- Ability to formulate and test product formulations.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills
- Prior experience in contract manufacturing desirable
Interested! Apply now!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website