Kelly Services is hiring an R&D Software Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity in either South Charleston, WV or Lake Jackson, TX. Below are the details and required skills. For immediate consideration, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as apply online.
R&D Software Engineer
South Charleston, WV or Lake Jackson, TX
Responsible for developing, configuring, implementing, and supporting software solutions for our client's R&D Digital Capability Team for process control systems, dashboards and analytic tools, software system management, user tools, data management systems and documentation. You will work closely with the software development team including platform architects and software engineers as well as the process control and data analytics Subject Matter Experts (SME).
The role requires working and communicating across the company with business staff, operating staff, lab and pilot scale staff, global team and SME's, and training personnel.
The Software Engineer must have the capacity to learn new software technology, process control functionality and software, and work in a team environment with internal and external personnel. In addition, this individual must be able to work with minimal supervision on less defined tasks and problems. This person should have or be able to quickly develop a good working knowledge of both existing and new software solutions, data management software systems, Lab Information Management (LIMS) systems, process technologies, R&D lab and pilot plant equipment and data needs, basic process control, and advanced process control automation and optimization software systems.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Development, testing and implementation of software per SME's directions.
- Able to coach and present improvements to multidiscipline and multicultural audience.
- Frequent support of local and remote facilities to troubleshoot software and control system technologies.
- Work with peers in the testing and implementation of software solutions, data management systems, advanced process control improvements, software platforms, software user tools, etc.
- Ability to track and drive improvement projects and fulfill the schedule requirements with multicultural and globally located individuals.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively through prepared documentation, team communications and ad hoc discussion through many media.
- Refinement and streamlining of work processes, tools, and procedures to improve product quality and more efficiently develop, configure, and support technology solutions.
Role Requirements will include:
- A Bachelors in a science or engineering related degree is the minimum requirement for this role. There is a strong preference for Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering degrees.
- Our team writes software in a variety of languages within the Windows environment and .NET including C#, C++, VB, and even FORTRAN. Experience in these languages is highly preferred.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills, along with a high level of initiative are required to be successful in this role. An outgoing and proactive approach to communication and problem solving is essential.
- The role will include ongoing operations and user support.
- Occasional travel to other sites may be required to assist in implementation of new technologies, client training and support, and new facility start-up.
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website