Safety Testing Vehicle Measurement & Analysis Technician
Long-term, day shift opportunity
From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
We are currently looking for a Safety Testing Vehicle Measurement & Analysis Technician to join our team in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
We are looking for a hard working automotive engineering test technician who is eager to use their skills to inspect, teardown, and analyze a post-crash test vehicle. The ideal candidate would have a flexible skillset in order to support a variety of testing on new product development. The technician would setup a vehicle coordinate measuring system and inspect/measure many vehicle components.. The technician will primarily work in our Dynamic Safety lab but may also work in other functional test areas as needed.
This position will part of the initial launch team for our new crash test facility. Every member of the new facility will need to have a flexible mindset and a helpful, pro-active attitude as we get our processes setup. This is an exciting opportunity that will require hard work to establish a world-class crash test facility operation.
Job functions Include but are not limited to:
- Setting up measurement equipment and making accurate and repeatable measurements of the vehicle.
- Documenting results using photographs, written communication, and measurements
- Removing and inspecting components from prototype test vehicle.
- Assisting engineers with troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and development of effective countermeasures
- Maintain a clean and professional work environment
- Compete other tasks as requested by lab supervisor
- Using forklifts and other vehicle moving equipment to move test vehicle throughout the lab
- Associates degree in an automotive related discipline plus 2 years of test technician experience in a Lab or equivalent required.
- Experience using overhead crane, forklift, and vehicle movers.
- Experience using data collection equipment (CMM), Faro or Polyworks software is preferred
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new tasks is required
- In-depth knowledge of dynamic safety test modes.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website