Kelly Services connects talented professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting opportunity available as a Repair Technician located in the New Berlin, WI area. Opportunity is with an industry leading industrial automation company!
- Title: Repair Technician
- Duration: 11+ month assignment! (possible temp to hire)
- Location: New Berlin, WI
- Pay Rate: $22.00/hr
- Shift: 2nd shift (2:45 pm to 11:15 pm) **Will train on 1st shift (6 am to 2:30 pm)
Important Note: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly Services office, not your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume and contact Katie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for immediate consideration.
Summary: Under the supervision of the Service Workshop Manager, and daily work direction of the Team Lead, the Service Repair Technician repairs a variety of standard drive units and subassemblies, ensuring the best possible, most cost-effective problem resolution, and assists in identifying and resolving quality and reliability problems, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Review and plan daily work assignments, prioritizing customer products in for repair.
- Coordinate with the team Lead to ensure proper work scheduling, establishing priorities and expediting of repair orders.
- Process Repair work orders, both customer repair orders and inventory replenishment orders.
- Troubleshoot the repair of products, such as standard drive units, subassemblies and circuit boards down to the component level, identifying and repairing the problem, performing testing and burn in activities as needed, ensuring the best possible, and most cost effective problem resolution.
- Research bill of materials, ECOs, or other documents to identify required parts for drive/component repair.
- Complete Material Requisitions or contact Inventory Coordinator to obtain necessary parts.
- Ensure the completion, processing and maintenance of all required paperwork, records, documentation, failure analysis reports, etc.
- Assist Order Distribution as required preparing customer orders for shipment.
- Coordinate with others, both inside and outside the department to identify and assist in resolving quality and reliability problems.
- Participate on cross functional teams, including Quality Management teams, to ensure the continuous, ongoing improvement of methods, processes, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
- Act as a technical resource to other departments to address and resolve inquiries and problems.
- Create and/or improve documentation for related process procedures and instructions.
- Continuously review repair processes and recommend improvements to increase productivity and quality while reducing costs.
- Utilizing the Lean methodology for process improvement, participate by supporting continuous improvement suggestions, events and reviews of departments workflow, methods, processes, productivity ensuring and maintaining the optimal repair processes, techniques and test capacity.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education / Experience:
- Requires an associate degree in electronics & 2 to 4 years related experience; OR 4 to 6 years of progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of education & experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend assembly instructions, bills of materials, assembly drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete work assignments and communicate one on one with other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website