Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Scientific Program Manager (Genomic Data Repository) at the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
(1) Provide technical advice and recommendations for the NIMH Genomics Repository.
(2) Assist in coordination of communication of project needs between program staff, NIMH Genomics Repository staff, NIMH Data Archives staff and others as needed to carry-out scientific design
(3) Serve as first point of contact in routine communication with program staff, NIMH Genomics Repository staff and/or extramural scientists; ascertain and elevate inquiries that need to be addressed by the serving NIMH Genomics Repository Leadership.
(4) Coordinate the process to register new genomic studies with the NIMH Genomics Repository; advise award Program Officers and Principal Investigator awardees on documentation needed for study registration and follow-up to complete registration of new studies; ensure that study registration matches the biospecimen and data sharing plan from the grant application or negotiated sharing plan; collect information needed to define the biospecimen types and number to be submitted; organize and conduct biweekly calls with NIMH Genomics Repository staff to follow-up on biospecimen and data submissions from Principal Investigators.
(5) Provide project recommendations and coordination for the integration of data management and data intake processes between the NIMH Genomics Repository and the NIMH Data Archives. Work with project managers to develop and implement detailed plans to operationalize integration goals. Facilitate discussions to optimize organization, coordination and harmonization between all parties; implement updated integrated registration procedures as they are developed.
(6) Advise investigators on planning and carrying out research in genomics regarding the availability and requirements for biospecimen sharing from the NIMH Genomics Repository.
(7) Organize and coordinate biospecimen and data access requests for data from the NIMH Genomics Repository; review submitted documents for completeness, accuracy, appropriateness; respond to issues raised by the Data Access Committee (DAC) as the conduit for communication with the Genomics Repository; collect feedback and votes on access approval from DAC members.
(8) Analyze trends utilizing reports provided by the NIMH Genomics Repository and project data available to provide program forecasts and recommendations on resource needs for the Repository.
(9) Prepare written summaries and presentations of NIMH Genomics Repository activities for sharing with NIMH Genomics Program Staff.
(10) Develop detailed plans and schedules, estimate resource requirements, monitor activities to meet customer requirements, specifications, quality assurance standards and deliverable timeframes; evaluate and report on accomplishments.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
(1) Ph.D. in Biology, Life Sciences or other related discipline. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
(2) One (1) year of experience in Biology or a related field.
(3) Knowledge in a broad range of scientific and technical areas.
(4) Experience with data management and scientific data harmonization.
(5) Experience with scientific data repository coordination and maintenance.
(6) Experience with project management and providing projections of resource needs based on available data.
(7) Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
(8) Experience communicating with scientists and technical experts.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website