Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (KellyOCG), a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is currently seeking a Scientist for a long-term engagement at one of our Global clients in Springhouse, PA. This role is a full-time, fully benefitted position. As a KellyOCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You'll also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation and sick/personal time. All KellyOCG employees receive annual performance reviews.
Please send your resume to Alicia Cali at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 216.256.7768
The Compound Profiling group is seeking a highly motivated scientist with diverse experiences in assay development/optimization and execution. In this role, you will be responsible for weekly delivery of screening results to project teams to support medicinal chemistry efforts to optimize small molecules in hit-to-lead and lead optimization programs. Major activities include developing and executing a variety of biochemical and cell-based assays suitable for establishing structure activity relationships. The successful candidate will work closely with Therapeutic Area teams, the Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology and HTS teams to develop, miniaturize and execute assays which support drug discovery efforts. We seek individuals with a strong ability to meet timelines and deliver high quality assay results while fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Conduct testing of project compounds in multiple cellular and biochemical assays in laboratory to support drug discovery R&D
• Analyze and review the cellular and biochemical assays' pharmacology data and provide interpretation of the results and suggestion for follow up experiment when it is appropriate
• Consistently deliver high quality data to the project teams within timelines
• Communicate the results to the project teams and upload all the data into client database
• Troubleshoot pharmacology experiments when necessary to ensure delivery of consistent and high-quality data.
• Maintain excellent experimental records in client electronic notebook in compliance of client standards.
• Prepare documents that accurately describe individual steps required to perform a given protocol or task and update as required, adhering to client standards.
• Coordinate activities for multiple projects, identify problems and proactively implement solutions.
• A minimum of B.S. degree in biological science or related field is required. M.S. or Ph.D. with1-2 years of post-doctoral experience is desired.
• Experience in cell-based and biochemical assay optimization and working knowledge of conventional assay formats and technologies such as Rapid Fire MS, HTRF, FLIPR, SPA, ELISA, FP, fluorescence and luminescence are highly desired.
• Experience with robotic automation, stand-alone automation liquid handler such as Combi, Janus, or Tempest is highly desired.
• Experience with data analysis software, such as Genedata, Excel, GraphPad Prism is preferred.
• Ability to lead and mentor research associates is also desired.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website