Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Scientist – Structural Biology and Protein Production (Expression and Purification) at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
(1) Coordinate and oversee the overall preclinical research of vaccine development against emerging infectious diseases with pandemic potential (including COVID-19 and Lassa fever)
(2) Develop reagents, assays and model systems to evaluate mechanisms of pathogen and vaccine-mediated immunity.
(3) Lead expression, purification, in vitro and in vivo characterization efforts for clinical vaccine candidates
(4) Develop and perform high-throughput and automated protein purification methodology and experiments; capture results and work to move the developed processes to other groups both within and outside the Vaccine Research Center
(5) Develop and optimize protein expression protocols for various viral vaccines, recombinant proteins and/or virus-like particles or monoclonal antibodies.
(6) Produce research reagents using either transient expression techniques or by expansion of stable cell lines or pools.
(7) Perform experimental investigations on protein purification, optimization of cell culture conditions, tech-transfer of defined purification processes to the clinical production facility and troubleshooting of purification processes and capturing process descriptions and results in tech transfer documents and technical reports.
(8) Maintain accurate records of all protein expression, purification, and analysis operations; ensure availability of proteins
(9) Develop quality improvement plans, procedures, and SOPs for the laboratories, write detailed technical protocols and reports on protein expression and characterization runs, critically review scientific literature, publish results in peer reviewed journals, and present findings at meetings.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
(1) Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related discipline.
(2) Minimum of three (3) years of related protein expression and purification experience including relevant laboratory experience in automation and instrumentation.
(3) Experience with mammalian cell culture for both anchorage dependent and suspension cell culture, with larger-scale cell culture systems (bioreactors), with routine sampling and analysis of cell culture and bioreactor samples and with media and cell culture technology development.
(4) Experience with purification of eukaryotic proteins including IMAC, affinity purification, ion exchange chromatography, FPLC and HPLC with a demonstrated ability to develop optimal methods of purification to obtain high quality proteins.
(5) Expertise in molecular biology and design of expression vectors, transfection techniques, screening of cells expressing recombinant proteins and knowledge of classical purification methods such as ammonium sulfate precipitation.
(6) Demonstrated ability to study biomolecular interactions using ELISA as well as the use of label-free methods such as Bio-layer Interferometry and SPR.
(7) Familiarity with scientific 2D graphing and statistics software (GraphPad Prism, etc.), statistical design packages (JMP, etc.), and good laboratory practices and record keeping.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website