Kelly Science and Clinical is the world's most recognized brand in science and clinical staffing with more than 100 locations in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Our scientists contribute to the research and development of the next generation of small molecule drugs, biologics and cellular therapies.
We are seeking a Scientist, Strain Engineeering with one of our clients, a protein design and synthetic biology company that leverages their core expertise in structured-based computational protein design, machine learning and high-throughput testing, to design novel proteins and bio-catalytic processes for the sustainable production of performance ingredients and materials.
- Develop tools for engineering and expressing proteins in Bacillus or filamentous fungi (Aspergillus and Trichoderma).
- Develop protein production screening procedures at the 96 deep well plate and shake flask scale.
- PhD in biological sciences or relevant field.
- Experience with transforming and making genome modifications in Bacillus or filamentous fungi is required.
- Experience with general molecular biology techniques including PCR and assembling DNA fragments using Gibson Assembly.
- Experience with purifying proteins and analyzing them by SDS-PAGE and Western blot
- Experience with working in an industrial setting is desired.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website