Job Title: Senior Logistics Engineer
Location: Huntley IL
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $85,000-$90,000/annually plus bonus
Qualified candidate will analyze, review and recommend warehouse efficiency improvements. Focus on building design, interior layout for product storage, picking efficiencies and SAP transactions, setup parameters and reporting. Expansion of technology for measurable inventory accuracy improvements and matrices development for labor tracking. A focus on Lean/Continuous Improvement processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Ensure that warehousing processes represent the most efficient methods for maximizing daily billable revenue.
- Develop monthly reports.
- Review SAP warehouse setup criteria.
- Develop and implement material handling continuous improvement strategies that reduce cost.
- Implement technology advances that improve fill rates and inventory accuracy.
- Maintains Warehousing performance metrics to identify opportunities for measurable improvements.
- Review, troubleshoot root causes and develop efficient material handling solutions for quality and damage issues
- Develop, justify, and support strategic capital projects.
- Drive outside organizations to meet company standards.
- Develop Lean/continuous improvement processes and culture
Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 3-5 Years Experience with Global Distribution
- Good attendance
- Good communication with all levels
- Accuracy of all paperwork produced.
- Follow all customer requirements
- Maintain professional relationship with customers
- Ability to input data and create reports in SAP system
Education and/or Experience
- Engineering degree from a four-year College or University
- Lean / Continuous improvement background
- Kaizen event a plus
- Belted in 6 sigma a plus
- Distribution experience with solid examples
- CAD experience
Qualified candidates should email resume and references for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website