Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as a Senior Software Engineer at the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, Maryland.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Design, build, and maintain data models and back-end infrastructure to support two NCATS DPI Informatics projects: Global Substance Registration System GSRS https:gsrsncatsnihgov and NCATS Biomedical Data Translator https:ncatsnihgovtranslator for the Translator Autonomous Relay System ARS
- Design, build, and maintain web-based applications for internal NCATS software development projects as well as external applications in collaboration with other organizations specifically the integration infrastructure for other Translator components and the GSRS web-based application
- Design and develop algorithms to interrogate and integrate knowledge graphs from multiple components into a coherent answer graph for the Translator ARS
- Work with staff on technical reviews and evaluations of vendor software in support of informatics
- Maintain the labs software projects, including associated websites, documentation, code repositories, releases and improvements
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures SOPs to detail all steps and activities carried out for all aspects of the program data management
- Provide written technical descriptions of implemented algorithms; contribute to the publication of the labs software and research
- Work with staff on writing formal research plans for various types of projects within DPI
- Work with staff on writing grant applications for various types of projects within DPI
- Work with staff on project management tasks for various types of projects within DPI
- Develop new code and refine & troubleshoot existing code
- Work with a diverse group of translational researchers eg chemists, biologists, computational biologists, etc and external collaborators to utilize GSRS, Translator, or other DPI Informatics resources into their projects
- Work with colleagues to establish, troubleshoot and document best practices for software development, eg, continuous integration and continuous deployment, using technologies such as Jenkins, Travis, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud services AWS, Google Cloud, in support of the teams and collaborators Translator Consortium, US Food and Drug Administration, US Pharmacopeia, European Medicines Agency, etc
- Develop new code and refine & troubleshoot existing code
- Utilize best-of-breed technology stacks to implement and support NCATS scientific projects, for GSRS this include cheminformatics toolkits
- Work with the tech lead and project manager to identify and fill gaps in development and implementation processes
- Work with staff on the development of mobile and web-based software development informatics projects
- Develop and implement new or major revisions to applications, databases, or software tools
- Develop website content and data to communicate progress of programs within NCATS intramural research
- Have experience translating informal feedback into implementation
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- M.Sc. in Computer Science (or a related discipline) or three (3) years of specialized experience (JAVA8+, SpringBoot, Python, Django) plus a Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant applied discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of research and software development experience applying systems engineering, agile software development best practices and data-centric principles to design, develop and deploy software applications and services
- Experience with full-stack software development
- willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with search services, e.g., ElasticSearch, Solr, Lucene
- Experience with API development tools, e.g., Strapi/Swagger/OpenAPI
- Experience writing unit tests and documentation for software.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with a team of software developers through agile sprints and tracking work via tools such as JIRA, Github projects
- Desire to write applications using bleeding edge technologies.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
You should know: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website