Kelly Services is hiring a Software Engineer for a 6+ months contract opportunity in Seattle, WA (this position can be remote). Below are the details and required skills. For immediate consideration, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know your availability and target hourly rate range.
6+ months contract
The Software Engineer will be supporting software that runs the video units in operating rooms that record surgeries. Part of the service this client offers is the ability to record surgery for review and assessment as part of a larger learning platform.
Responsibilities and job duties:
- Supporting hardware 40 hours a week for 6 months.
- Video recording software that needs to be upgraded.
- Software interface and maintenance, Linux is critical.
- Help with tier II support, video devices boxes still in R&D phase, problems in field root cause Integrating into dev lifecycle.
- Sr. Engineer will be available support and questions, senior enough to self-direct and digest internal business needs.
- Support existing hardware fleet running in-house software suite.
- Troubleshoot and potentially resolve high priority bug fixes at customer software or OS layer.
- Develop improvements to application software and supporting systems.
- Modernize device upgrade and maintenance infrastructure.
Requirements (all or most of the technical skills preferred below):
- 3+ years' experience developing user-facing applications with HTML/CSS and React.
- 3+ years' experience with scripting language like Python.
- Expertise with Linux, especially Ubuntu.
- Expertise with Linux networking.
- Expertise with OpenVPN.
- Expertise with containerization / Docker.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience developing web portals this is not a web portal, but experience is transferable.
- Desired Expertise with video capture software e.g. ffmpeg.
- Desired Experience with software/hardware security.
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website