Kelly Engineering Resources has an exciting direct-hire opportunity for a Sound Engineer to join a reputable aviation supplier in Tulsa, OK!
The Sound Engineer will research, design and maintain the aural cueing (sound) systems required for the operation of a full flight simulator and other training devices. Entry-level and experienced Electrical and Computer Engineering professionals with a passion for acoustics, sound or music are highly encouraged to apply! This opportunity offers full-benefits, paid time off, as well as competitive salary (commensurate with experience).
- Design and test aircraft simulator sound software applications, C/C++,
- Perform 1/3 octave and narrow-band analysis of aircraft recordings for implementation in the software applications.
- Create and maintain software and hardware documentation.
- Create and maintain 1/3 octave tests and perform tuning of the sound simulation to tolerances required by FAA/EASA.
- Provide on-site support of the simulator installation and certification efforts.
- Exhibit and practice professional and courteous behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Interact within a cooperative environment through beneficial behavior, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, and encouragement to other employees and departments.
- Accountable for the control and distribution of documents and/or equipment subject to export control restrictions and the security of FSI materials, projects and business information regarding the methods and techniques used in the production and usage of FSI products.
- Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
- Able to adhere to a work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
- Supports FAA or other governmental simulator qualification.
- Travel (domestic and international), shift work, security clearance, and overtime may be required to accomplish some of the above tasks.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Preferably Computer or Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with C/C++ programming (previous experience preferred)
- Must be able to develop and implement new software designs using Microsoft Visual Studio or similar development environment.
- Previous experience in flight simulation software or the use of audio rendering software such as Microsoft DirectSound is a plus
- Familiarity with Mechanical and Electrical prints.
- This is a government contracted organization and requires all employees to have received the COVID-19 Vaccine
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website