Kelly Services is seeking a Senior Payroll Tax Specialist for a privately held company based in Nashville, TN that provides insurance for smartphones, tablets, consumer electronics, appliances, satellite receivers and jewelry.
Job Title: Senior Payroll Tax Specialist
Location: Nashville, TN 37211
Job Type: Temp, potential Temp-To-Hire
Length: October 2019 – December 2019
Hours: 40 hours/week, 8 hours/day
Pay Rate: $32 - $36 per hour
Need for resource with high volume payroll processing with an emphasis on Payroll tax activities:
- Balancing payroll taxes for weekly payroll, quarter end, year end
- Setting up new tax codes, requiring resource to contact different entities/agencies to obtain details
- Processing amendments and send tax notices
- Other payroll related tasks
Under minimal supervision, ensures the accurate processing and recording of company's payroll, provides timely and accurate financial information, participates in daily data entry payroll processing. Performs complex analytical functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policy. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key responsibility for larger more complex US and Canadian company payrolls.
- Perform daily payroll department operations.
- Partner with the Payroll Tax Analyst to complete tax analyses and reconciliations, appropriate system set-up, and responding to internal and external tax inquiries.
- Provide payroll tax process suggestions/recommendations based on previous experience and best practices.
- Maintain intermediate knowledge of payroll and HR-related rules/laws and pending legislation.
- Provide support to payroll specialists regarding tax questions and calculations and other general payroll processing questions.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Resolve Time and Attendance missed punches, and out of balances.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc).
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Process manual check and relocation metrics.
- Upload import files received from HR, Compensation and external vendors, research problems (All Companies).
- Respond to ServiceNow employee tickets.
- Support testing and validation of release enhancements affecting UltiPro Payroll and the Kronos Timekeeping System.
- Provides guidance and training to lower level staff members as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- FPC or CPP designation (or working towards certification) is preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in Payroll Processing/administration/accounting.
- 3+ years' experience supporting payroll/HR related systems.
- 3+ years' experience in Payroll Tax
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly and concisely document detailed information and analyze and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and/or technical documents. The ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and to handle sensitive and/or confidential communications is also required.
- Strong System knowledge of Ultipro is preferred.
- Canadian payroll processing experience is a plus.
- Intermediate Excel/Outlook Proficiency.
- Strong Initiative, Decision Making, Problem Solving, and Analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage time.
- Team player who is willing to step in and assist others if needed.
- Strong sense of urgency/Ability to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of payroll legislation i.e. FLSA OT calcs, State OT, & Sick Pay rules.
- Expert knowledge of Payroll Best Practices.
- Expert knowledge of State Taxes and Reciprocity, local taxes, and Federal Tax Rates.
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position Robv492@kellyservices.com however, your resume should be uploaded via the “SUBMIT RESUME” button included within**
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world's most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 5,500 finance and accounting professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website