Substitute Teacher, Consolidated School Districted of New Britain
Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it's your turn! Substitute teaching is a great opportunity to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Substitute teachers are essential to ensuring students continue to learn and grow every day.
Why substitute teach?
- Positively impact the education of students in your own community.
- Feel good about the work you do.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy work-life balance.
- Assume duties of the classroom teacher in accordance with school district lesson plans, school rules, and Kelly policies. This includes:
- Leading instruction in the classroom by conducting the teacher's existing lesson plans
- Instructing students on a variety of classroom topics/courses
- Building positive relationships
- Assigning reasonable tasks and homework
- Motivate students to learn, and encourage classroom participation
- Create a classroom environment that's conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Adapt to the various learning styles of students
- For long-term assignments, it may be required to develop lessons plans, as well as create, administer, and grade tests and assignments
Perks you'll enjoy as a substitute teacher:
- Free online classroom management training to help you become a capable, confident classroom leader
- Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills sharp
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
“*Offered and administered by #rd party. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
- Email your resume now: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call now! (413)883-5134
- Book an Interview now: https://calendly.com/kellyedu/30min
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you will receive a response to your application within 24-48 hrs This is an opportunity for you to also get questions answered and learn more about the position.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly®
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website