Technical Support Engineer - Drect opportunity!!
A leading global provider of premium branded hardware products and software solutions is looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer to join their team. This position is a direct opportunity, paying $70k, and located in Shelton, CT. If you're looking for your next exciting opportunity, apply today!
- To provide front line internal and external customer technical support for all VPS brands products.
- This role will troubleshoot product issues and assist in problem resolution whether by remotely diagnosing the status and issues, or by assisting in the return of the product to the Repair Depot for manual product repairs or completing robotic bench repairs
- Maintain customer technical phone support during regular working hours and also after hours as needed
- When required, remotely access customer systems via Bomgar to diagnose faults and to provide solutions where possible
- Raise repairs and service request cases in Salesforce and ensure they are tracked until completed, closed, or allocated to another member of the Service and Support team
- Allocate approximately 40 of time for robotic system repairs in the depot repair shop
- Contribute to best practice methods for customer service and system improvements
- Work closely with the Robotic Field Service Engineers and Repair Engineers who provide on-site support and make repairs in-house.
- Monitor their progress and update customers as needed
- Stay up to date on product knowledge for all product lines
- Liaise when necessary with other departments to resolve any customer issues
- Occasional on-site customer visits when required
- Other work assigned by management
- Keeping a line of Communication with UK Technical support and development teams
- Complete working knowledge of legacy and current Microsoft Windows OS 2000, XP, Win7, Win10
- Ability to use remote diagnostics tools for computer troubleshooting and configuration e.g. Bomgar
- Ability to communicate with customers both on the telephone and via e-mail
- Knowledge of Windows networks
- Mechanical and electronics technical knowledge
- 5+ years of broadcast maintenance or operations/maintenance in a local station, regional network, national network or studio environment.
- Must have worked with robotic camera support heads, X/Y pedestals, elevation units and control systems
- Desired Knowledge of QNX operating system
- Experience working with a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- In-depth knowledge of Vinten Radamec and Vinten Automation products
- Technical Degree or Certification from a Technical School
Other Features of job E.g. travelling, shift hours etc...:
- Coverage of off-hours telephone support will be required during staggered shift schedule need not be office-based on days working staggered shift
Resumes can be sent directly to email@example.com.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website