Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Under the supervision of the physician and/or practice manager, assists and delivers patient care duties, and provides administrative support throughout the practice.
The Credentialed Medical Assistant is responsible for:
- Assists physician in examinations.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician. Takes blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration.
- Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by physician. Keeps medical records in accordance to procedures and forms.
- Keeps rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies. Prepares sterilization as required. Assists physicians with office based procedures.
- Any other duties relating to the business operation of the medical practice that may be assigned by the physician(s) or practice office manager.
- Successful attainment and retention of CCMA, CMA (AAMA) or NCMA certification or RMA plus documented completion of a Medical Assisting program through an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Completion of an accredited program that meets nationally accepted standards – certificate or degree in Medical Assisting or Medical Office Management; experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and public, follow direction, accept orders and perform repetitive tasks, be patient, courteous and tactful.
- Computer literate in use of word processing and email.
- Previous experience in a medical environment to gain practical knowledge in the following areas is preferred: examination process, diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and instruments, safety hazards and precautions, confidentiality/discretion.
- Experience in electronic medical records preferred.
Apply on company website