Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Kettering Health recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of Kettering Medical Center.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Under the supervision of the physician, APP and registered nurse, assists in providing care and performing office functions. Give instructions to patients as instructed by doctor/nurse. A medical assistant/nursing assistant takes blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respiration. Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by the nurse or physician(s). Assists with any procedures that have been taught through formal training or by licensed nurse or physician(s). Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of physician(s) and nurse and for which training has been given. Keeps medical records in accordance to procedures and forms. Follows principles of medical ethics for medical assistant. Keep rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies. May be requested to substitute for other office personnel and conduct responsibilities of receptionist/front desk. Any other assigned duties by physician(s), nurses or manager.
Completion of an accredited program that meets nationally accepted standards-certificate or degree in Medical Assisting or Medical Office Management.
• BLS certification
• If employee's practice has issued AED, the employee is required to obtain and maintain current BLS certification.
• Must either have six months of experience as a Medical Assistant, OR, have graduated from an accredited MA or Medical Office Management program that meets nationally accepted standards. Within one year from date of hire, continued employment will require successful attainment and retention of CCMA, CMA (AAMA) or NCMA certification or RMA plus documented completion of a Medical Assisting program through an accredited institution of higher learning.
Previous experience in a medical environment preferred
• Office practice knowledge required to include examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and instruments, common safety hazards and precautions, confidentiality/discretion
• Patient, courteous and tactful
• Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and the public
• Ability to follow direction, accept orders and perform repetitive tasks
• Computer literate word processing, email, experience in electronic medical records preferred
• Perform patient screening using established protocols
Apply on company website