Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Under the supervision of the provider and/or practice leader, assists and delivers patient care duties, and provides administrative support throughout the practice. This position is typically the first point of contact (phone and in-person) for the office. This position is responsible for answering, handling and screening incoming telephone calls; greeting and registering patients, filing and preparing charts. In addition, this position is responsible for check-out functions, including review of encounter form data, collection of co-payments, scheduling follow-up appointments; day-end reconciliation duties.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Previous front office experience or background in general office work.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality/discretion.
- Must be patient, courteous, and tactful.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and the public.
- Ability to follow direction, accept orders and perform repetitive tasks.
- Computer literate in use of word processing and email.
- 1-year experience in a medical/physician office setting preferred
- Experience in electronic medical records preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Apply on company website