Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Kettering Health recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of Kettering Medical Center.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Under supervision of the Practice Manager, is typically the first point of contact (phone and in-person) for the office. Notifies office staff when patient is ready to be seen. Provides a wide variety of administrative support duties.
The Front Office Specialist is responsible for:
- Greets patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answers telephone calls, screens calls, arranges appointments, and referrals.
- Obtains information, answers questions, and notifies physician or assistant of patient's arrival.
- Prepares new records, organizes files, and maintains records.
- Types correspondence, reports, e-memos, forms.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Any other duties relating to the business operation of the medical practice that may be assigned by the physician(s) or practice office manager.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous front office experience or background in general office work.
- Ability to comprehend established office routines and policies.
- Learns quickly from oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of CPT & ICD-9 coding.
- Understand the ethics of confidentially.
- Good organization skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- electronic medical records experience
- Epic training/experience
Apply on company website