Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Kettering Health recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of Kettering Medical Center.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
- The Health Unit Coordinator/Nursing Assistant (HUC/NA), a combination of the Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) and Nursing Assistant (NA) roles, serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- The HUC/NA collaborates with unit leadership in coordinating the day to day activities of the patient care unit. This includes the processing of patient records and ongoing communication with nursing staff, physicians and interdepartmental personnel.
- The HUC/NA serves as a resource for physicians and other members of the health care team for the electronic medical record.
- The HUC/NA performs nursing care skills that have been delegated by the licensed nurse. She/he plays an integral role in the patient care experience and both directly and indirectly impacts the perception of care.
Applicants Must Have:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Successful completion of Health Coordinator training upon hire into role
- Successful completion of Nursing Assistant Orientation upon hire into role
- Must have one of the following:
- Six months experience as a nursing assistant in a hospital or a long-term care facility
- Completion of Nursing Assistant course in the last six months
- Nursing student or listed as pre-nursing as shown on transcripts
- Current employee with Kettering Health Network
Would Prefer Applicants Have:
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Appropriate telephone etiquette
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and function in a high stress environment
- Certification in CPR/BLS
Apply on company website