Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Police officers patrol the assigned medical center to protect lives and property, to enforce laws, and to prevent crime. Police officers maintain visibility to establish police presence within the medical centers and other assigned areas/facilities. Officers receive and respond to a variety of complaints; handle emergency calls; interview complainants, suspects and victims; make arrests and restrain suspects as required; intervene and counsels parties to disputes; and assist medical staff when requested.
Qualifications, Education, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Ohio Driver license.
- Completion of Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission police academy within 3 months of application.
- Ability to obtain an Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission certificate upon hire.
- Ability to acquire and maintain Secretary of State Police Commission (granted by KHN PD).
- Ability to successfully complete annual OPOTA firearms qualification course.
- Ability to obtain CPR certification upon hire.
- Knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies and laws that address public safety related aspects in the health care setting (preferred).
- Never charged or convicted with a disqualifying offense per Ohio Administrative Code 3701-13-05.
Effective Working Relationships – The Police Department relies heavily on communication throughout all departments within the network, local law-enforcement agencies, and the community. Police Officers should have a proven ability to establish and foster effective working relationships with a broad number of stakeholders.
Team Builder – An individual with a positive, infectious attitude who is willing to inspire and lead those around them.
Accountability & Performance Measurement – The ability to hold oneself accountability and strive to achieve optimum performance.
Excellent Communication – An individual who can communicate effectively with all levels of staff within the organization and the public – in person and in writing. Ability to listen to and understand opposing viewpoints and the ability to articulate policy and vision.
Technically Skilled, Educated & Experienced – Someone who is educated and experienced in Police functions, investigations, technology and personnel management.
- Demonstrates support of policies and procedures established by the organization
- Represents the Network with a positive, professional attitude and professional appearance in all activities and communications
- Personally champions and promotes KHN's corporate values, mission and culture, and does so with enthusiasm and sincerity
- Is honest and fair in all interactions; honors commitments made to fellow employees and other departments
- Positively champions change through sharing thoughts, feelings and rationale so that others understand personal and organizational positions
- Consistently respects confidentiality of information
- Performs all activities in accordance with and in support of the Network's mission, vision, values and business objectives
- Participates in strategic planning and public relations
- Enhances professional growth and development through meetings and educational programs
- Challenges paradigms by identifying assumptions in the way problems or situations are defined or presented and sees alternative ways to view or define problems
- Champions continuous improvement which strategically aligns to the overall network goals and strategic plan
- Displays willingness to problem-solve
- Displays willingness to improve job functions
- Provides an environment in which employees feel respected and informed
- Works with Hospital and Network Administration to improve facility operations and efficiency in response to information provided by referring physicians, staff and patients
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Practices “service plus” attitude
- Supervises the development of and maintains relationships with hospital staff
- Works with Hospital administration and personnel to develop and coordinate communication materials and programs
- Adheres to Network philosophy, policies, procedures, and supports its goals
- Communicates effectively to customers of varying cultures, ages, and backgrounds
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to, departmental policies and procedures
- Uses resources efficiently
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner
- Supports community initiatives by joining and actively participating in civic organizations that align with the mission and values of Kettering Health Network
- Organizes and promotes professional relations events to foster and maintain professional relations as needs are identified
- Attends departmental in-service and staff meetings
- Displays team-oriented behavior and encourages teamwork in others
- Responds positively to direction from supervisor professionally accepting constructive criticism
Apply on company website