Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Kettering Health recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of Kettering Medical Center.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
The surgical technologist (ST) is responsible for assisting in direct care to patients undergoing surgical intervention by selecting, setting up and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants, under the direction of the RN and the surgeon. Responsibilities include, yet, not limited to the following:
- Appropriately labels and handles patient specimens.
- Competently performs Surgical Technologist skills as defined by the unit's scope of practice.
- Maintains a clean, safe environment free from clutter.
- Receives and responds to appropriate delegation; does not perform skills/care that has not been delegated by a licensed nurse or physician.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Demonstrates safe infection control practices.
- Assists the nurse/physician with patient procedures.
- Performs preceptor activities as requested.
- Participates in one elective educational opportunity.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of aseptic technique in preparing for and assisting in surgical procedures.
- Prepares OR table and scrubs with surgeries.
- Provides necessary instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery.
- Acquires and demonstrates skills needed to operate specialized equipment used in the OR.
- Assist with preoperative and postoperative care as directed by RN
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of surgical procedures and provides necessary instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Assist with patient transport and other patient care duties in the OR.
- Associate Degree in Surgical Technology from a NBSTA accredited program or certification from NCCT; or
- Four (4) years of experience as a surgical technologist with a High School Diploma; or
- Four (4) years applicable on the job or military surgical technology training with a High School Diploma
- Certified Surgical Technologist required within one year of hire, if hired without certification
- NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS, NO CALL
- FAST PACED SURGERY CENTER
- Surgical Technology skills required,
- Experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred
- ORTHO, PLASTIC AND ENT EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Apply on company website