Clinic Support Worker - COVID Vaccination Clinic
Department: COVID Vaccination Clinic
Hours of Work: Casual position (10 positions)
Salary: $16.00 per hour + 8% in lieu of vacation
Location: Multi-Site, Kingston General Hospital site primary
Clinic Support Workers will greet clients to the respective site. Prior to client entry, the Clinic Support Worker will verify appointment time and client identity. Infection control screening and client consent will be verified and documented upon entry. The Clinic Support Worker will be familiar with program operations, services and policies of the hospital site(s) to which they are deployed
This role is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the KHSC's strategy. The role must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES:
- Complete screening for clients and any other permitted persons at designated points of entry throughout the hospital site(s). Communicate key messages and reasoning for screening and basis for refusal of entry as needed. Confirming appointment times and correct documentation has been completed online by employee, prepares documentation for appointments, confirms health care or other identification.
- Collect, track and report data pertaining to clients or other (e.g. contractor) as required, and use the electronic tracking tools provided. Checks clients into and out of pre-scheduled visits, and provides clients with receipt of vaccination upon exit.
- Verify eligibility for entrance (photo ID and/or appointment confirmation, as appropriate)
- Inform all persons entering the Hospital of proper precautionary measures (e.g. physical distancing, hand sanitizing) and is wearing the appropriate protective equipment (e.g wristband, mask) as required. Refers clients who fail the screening protocol or have questions to the appropriate staff member (e.g., Clinic Manager/Leader, Clinic Floater, Medical Support).
- Provide general customer service by responding to inquires related to the screening process and/or escalating risk and/or clinical issues to patient relations as required.
- Support client expediting as required by determining who has pre-screened (if applicable), whose frailty/condition requires expediting screening and/or who should be given further specific instructions (e.g. exiting through a different door)
- Provide direction to clients as required and not limited to maintaining physical distancing, arranging for prompt pick up by drivers, recording phone numbers and/or accessing available telephones, arranging for patient transportation via Portering Team
*NOTE: The above duties are representative but are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Working in a health care environment or customer service/patient relations experience an asset
- 3 months experience working directly with the public (e.g. customer service, patient relations)
- French/English bilingual preferred
- Ability to read and write English
- Effectiveness in speaking clearly and projecting voice to be audible in a busy environment
- Healthcare experience is an asset
- Knowledge of and ability to provide succinct and easy to follow instruction to navigate within KHSC's sites
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and effectiveness when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers who may at times be inquisitive, argumentative and/or upset.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within Microsoft Office Suite and web-based platforms
- Demonstrated effectiveness in discerning the nature of emergent issues in order to resolve or escalate appropriately
- Satisfactory criminal background check with the vulnerable sector search
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website