Title: PCS Clinic Administration Coordinator
Department: Clinic Administration Office
Position Number: 50070279
Hours of Work: Casual Position; Days: Monday- Friday 0800-1600
Pay Band: BAND-N $27.450- $30.420
Location: HDH Site
In accordance with Article 9.05, where the previous incumbent returns to this position within the thirty (30) day trial period this position shall be deemed not vacant and the posting will be cancelled. Should the vacancy be cancelled, applicants to this posting shall be notified.
Please note, this posting identifies the current shifts that apply to the position control number. However, this does not guarantee the permanence of the shift time or work assignment for the position. The Hospital reserves its Management Rights under the CUPE Collective Agreement to make changes to shift time and work assignment as it deems necessary.
Coordination of PCS Data Base Configuration and Quality Assurance, as required to support hospital daily operations. Including but not limited to application service requests, operational change request logging/tracking, daily Maintenance of Scheduling templates and other PCS db tables for both KGH and HDH. PCS Training for Registration and Appointment Scheduling for both KGH & HDH staff, Support new implementation projects as required for PCS application db configuration and/or integration and QA testing.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston General Hospital strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
Plan, coordinate, prepare documentation, and conduct PCS training sessions on new policies, programs or changes related to clinic scheduling, admitting/registration. Provides trouble shooting/problem resolution and ongoing support for Registration and all Appointment Scheduling for both KGH and HDH staff. Supports system upgrades/enhancements and provides assistance to IM Help Desk.
- Operational Maintenance including but not limited to:
- PCS db configuration required to support KGH/HDH Ambulatory Clinic scheduling templates, other KGH/HDH Diagnostic/Department scheduling templates,
- PCS Master File Table updates (as required for corporate data synchronization)
- Execute annual PCS table updates (e.g. Holiday Tables, MIS codes).
- Monitor, audit, report and coordinate with end users/departments regarding application “housekeeping” (e.g. incomplete events) as required to ensure optimal system performance.
- Participation in and execution of QA testing during PCS vendor upgrades/enhancements especially with respect to the above maintained configuration items.
- Support new implementation projects when required (i.e. where projects impact/involve PCS registration/clinic work flow).
- Support IM intake management by logging PCS and/or other clinical application configuration change requests
- Assist/research/coordinate data collection to complete db configuration change request requirements. Including, where applicable, liaison with registration staff, physicians, nurses, program managers and other corporate services staff to improve system and workflow outcomes
- Assist with logging tracking the execution/completion of db configuration change requests
- Retrieve information and run reports to assist clinical systems management in tracking both resource allocation and clinical db configuration changes
- 3 year Information Systems Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years db support or configuration experience in clinic or hospital setting
- Demonstrated ability to configure databases
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, word processing, database applications and graphics for statistical reporting.
- Ability to Provide Educational Courses and materials on Applications to a broad base of users Exchange/Outlook, Windows, Heat, PCS
- Demonstrated trouble shooting and problem solving abilities related to computer software/hardware applications
- Demonstrated above average interpersonal and communication skills, oral written and electronic
- A systematic, analytical approach to problem solving
- Evidence of strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work load due to time restrictions
- Ability to cope with frequent interruptions
- Ability to deal with confidential issues
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check and vulnerable sector search required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website