Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Johnson 3 Surgery
Position Number: 50067209, 50067210
Hours of Work: (2) Casual Positions; Rotating Shifts
Pay Band: $33.56-$48.05
Location: Hotel Dieu Hospital Site
The RN is responsible for ensuring that practice and conduct meets legislative requirements and the standards of the profession as designed by the College of Nurses of Ontario. RNs' practice will also comply with KHSC policies and procedures. Within this role the Registered Nurse is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the KHSC strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- The RN initiates and coordinates inter-professional team assessments and plans of care including physical, spiritual and psychosocial needs of patients across the continuum of care.
- Delivers care and provides care coordination for an assigned group of patients.
- The RN performs Discharge management including initiating discharge planning on day of patient admission, monitoring length of stay, progress targets, and patient & family education.
- The RN plans, organizes and establishes priorities based on individual patient's needs and scheduled activities and adjusts priorities and activities in response to unanticipated events and develops plan of care to achieve identified patient goals (e.g. mobility plan).
- They coordinate family communication, family meetings and conferences and perform therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician and as indicated by the nursing diagnosis.
- The RN maintains appropriate records of observation, nursing care administered and patient's response and provides teaching and learning experiences for both patient and family.
- All employees adhere to the worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times.
- Where possible, take corrective action to address a hazard, otherwise report the unresolved hazard, dangerous circumstance, unsafe situation to self, other co-workers or the community, to their supervisor.
- Should the employee suffer a workplace injury or illness, he/she will advise their supervisor; actively participate in identifying and resolving the underlying cause(s), and participates in early and safe return to work as per Workplace Safety & Insurance Act.
- Understands and is familiar with all pertinent KHSC policies and procedures including those relating to workplace conduct.
- Complies with the KHSC Commitment to uphold the Workplace Conduct and Reporting of Inappropriate Conduct policy and behaves in a manner that is consistent with the guiding principles and expectations.
NOTE: The above duties are representative but are not to be construed as all inclusive. Please see People Services on Watkins 4 for the full Job Description.
- Eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- One year surgical nursing experience within the last three years preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to work on a multidisciplinary team an asset.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team
Apply on company website