Department: Ontario Breast Screening Program
Position Number: 50066979, 50066980
Hours of Work: (2)Part-Time Positions
Pay Band: Band-C $22.612-$25.056
Location: Kingston Health Sciences Centre
In accordance with Article 9.05, where the previous incumbent returns to this position within the thirty (30) day trial period this position shall be deemed not vacant and the posting will be cancelled. Should the vacancy be cancelled, applicants to this posting shall be notified.
Please note, this posting identifies the current shifts that apply to the position control number. However, this does not guarantee the permanence of the shift time or work assignment for the position. The Hospital reserves its Management Rights under the CUPE Collective Agreement to make changes to shift time and work assignment as it deems necessary.
To provide a broad range of secretarial and administrative services to all of the staff and clients associated with the screening and assessment centre in accordance with OBSP/KHSC policies and procedures and legislated standards. The primary focus of this position is OBSP and non-OBSP Breast Screening/Assessment functions.
- Broad range of secretarial and administrative services associated with the Breast Assessment Program including, but not limited to the following: telephone reception, receives and reviews referrals for completeness and eligibility, schedules and/or books appointments, interacts directly with clients to advise of pending appointments, interacts with Primary Care providers (PCP) as required to provide information/reports, maintains records in the Client Information Management System (CIMS), Client Information Management System (ICMS) and Patient Care System (PCS) as required, processes and enters screening data for the Screening Site and/or the Southeast Region. Generates and mails result and recall letters to both clients and PCP's as appropriate, arranges direct referral appointments for clients with screen detected abnormalities.
- Organizes and maintains office filing system and client records. Orders and maintains inventory of office/stationary supplies. Retrieves mail on a daily basis and distributes appropriately.
- Facilitates training of new clerical staff and acts as a resource for affiliate site clerical staff as required.
- Provides backup and coverage to other clerical staff at the (which may include duties relating to either screening or assessment in other disease sites) depending on operational needs.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Medical Office Administration Diploma (2 year)
- 2 years related medical secretary experience in a health care setting within the last 5 years.
- Demonstrated experience with Word Processing (Word Level 2), spreadsheet applications (Excel Level 2)
- Proficient knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Proven organizational skills
- Detail and deadline oriented, high level of accuracy required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously, and tactfully
- Ability to attend work regularly
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to continuous quality improvement as a team member and to adapt to related process changes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a faced paced work environment, manage a high volume workflow and cope with frequent interruptions
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website