Title: Social Worker 2-10%
Department: Social Work
Position Number: 50060452
Hours of Work: Part-Time Position -10% Pro-Rata; Day Shift
Pay Band: $40.00-$50.97
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
Under the direction of the Professional Practice Leader, and in consultation with the Program Manager, the Social Worker is responsible for activities and intervention pertaining to patient care planning and delivery. Accountability is established through ongoing supervision and consultation, clinical recording, audit and performance appraisals. The Social Worker will adhere to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times. Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Social Work required.
- Eligible for membership in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- A minimum of two years health related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated assessment and therapy skills with expertise in individual, couple, family and group work required.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and community resources as well as an understanding of the discharge planning process required.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Teaching experience within academic and/or clinical settings preferred.
- Superior communication skills required, oral and written.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check and vulnerable sector search required.
The applicant must meet the physical demands of the position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website