MedTox Laboratories is a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world.
If you are motivated by job satisfaction, MedTox Laboratories is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory Industry as a Lab Assistant/Float.
The Lab Assistant/Float works in fast paced, production type environment performing a vital component of medical laboratory science. Receive on the job training for the pre-analytical processing of medical samples.
The Lab Assistant/Float must have complete understanding of the Specimen Accessioner role and all aspects of the processing department and demonstrate an ability to prioritize duties and work effectively and efficiently with all team members. The Lab Assistant/Float will be trained in two or more of the following areas: Automated & Manual aliquot, Write-ups, Confirmation Aliquotting and/or Evidence Sample Destruction.
- Process client samples and quality control samples while adhering to the SOP.
- Maintain work area, equipment, cleans, and perform scheduled and as needed maintenance procedures.
- Complete all documents accurately and neatly. Monitor chain of custody, and custody and control forms for completeness and acceptability.
- Identify errors / discrepancies and route to appropriate personnel.
- Use independent judgment to decide how to process a wide variety of samples in accordance with applicable requirements, standards and regulations.
About our Company
MedTox Laboratories, a LabCorp Specialty Testing Group, located in the Roseville / New Brighton area operates a SAMHSA-certified drug testing laboratory and CAP and CLIA-certified clinical laboratory. Our comprehensive laboratory and testing services coupled with our commitment to excellent customer service ensures that our clients' testing programs operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. We are committed to building strong relationships with our clients; being responsive to their questions and adaptable to their needs.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education Qualifications
- 1 year processing experience; or 3 years external production experience.
- Proficient typing skills.
Required Skills, Experience and Education Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong problem solving aptitude and good communication skills.
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work effectively in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to distinguish colors, including shades of colors.
- Must be able to quickly change tasks as requested by leadership.
- Able to work independently under general supervision.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry, and rotate/turn with up to thirty pounds.
Apply on company website