Labcorp Diagnostics Southeast Division is seeking a Surgical Pathologist / Cytopathologist to join their team located in Birmingham, AL.
The Birmingham laboratory provides core clinical laboratory testing 365 days a year, for Healthcare Providers throughout Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee and Florida with point-of-care testing in many patient service centers. In addition to the Pathology service, the clinical testing areas in the Core Birmingham laboratory are Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Flow Cytometry, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Microbiology, and Molecular microbiology.
Candidates with experience as well as those currently or recently completing fellowship training are encouraged to apply.
- Individual diagnostic evaluation and sign-out of surgical pathology and cytology cases, including a high volume of Gynecologic pathology specimens.
- Assure compliance with quality, regulatory, and safety guidelines/standards
- Accurate and timely evaluation of specimens tested
- Assures good laboratory practice (GLP) and compliance with applicable accrediting and regulatory agencies
- Provide expert consultation as needed with clients and staff, in person, by phone or electronically
- Licensed Physician with Board Certification in Anatomic Pathology or Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
- Board Certification in Cytopathology is highly desired
- Subspecialty training or experience in Hematopathology or Gastrointestinal Pathology is a plus
- Experience in gynecologic pathology is highly desired
- Previous experience working in a high volume laboratory setting is desirable
Apply on company website