Labcorp Drug Development is looking for a Histology Supervisor.
The Supervisor directly oversees and is responsible for the technical work of the Histology department. The incumbent is responsible for the operational readiness of equipment, instruments and personnel necessary to meet the daily delivery of testing services and meets client expectations in delivery of testing services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Managerial and Leadership duties and responsibilities:
- Supervises the day to day production and non-production activities of the local departmental employees.
- Directly monitors the quality of testing services provided by employees under his/her supervision.
- Assigns appropriately trained personnel and ensures sufficient number of staff are available to complete the workload.
- Schedules department personnel appropriately to match the demands of the daily workflow with in the supervised area.
- Provides direct supervision to employees, including assignments, technical and behavioral performance counseling, and troubleshooting.
- Schedules and supervises all non-production activities and obligations of her/his area, such as validations, surveys, etc.
- Provides support as required to the department manager to assist in the fulfillment of his/her responsibilities, including acting as manager, upon delegation, during absences.
Performance Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Assures quality and timely performance of both production and non-production activities under supervision.
- Reports performance and results against targets and global standards.
- Ensures regulatory compliance within his/her supervision.
- Communicates all production and non-production standards, guidelines and information to the supervised staff.
- Ensures on-time delivery of performance reports (PT, QC/PM, Internal and External QC) and responses to inquiries from other functional areas.
- Participates in and supports client visits, audits and inquiries, as necessary, to ensure complete fulfillment of requests and interests.
- Recruits, trains, and contributes to retention efforts of employees.
- Conducts technical training and development of staff as needed.
- Supports the departmental manager in assessing and meeting the resource needs.
- Supports the development of plans to meet future resource needs.
- Evaluates the performance of employees.
- Works with department manager to establish training plans for the supervised staff.
- Supports the manager in employee evaluations and development plans.
Essential External Client-related Job Duties:
- Supports marketing and sales as needed in their efforts to meet specific client requests for testing services.
- Perform other duties as required, including testing of patient samples in areas of competence.
- BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or other life Science plus 1 year clinical testing experience; or Medical Technology degree.
- Professional certification (ASCP, AABB, or other) in area(s) of expertise is preferred.
- Qualification by the Federation Analyticorum Medicilanium Helveticorum (FAMH) or by the Federation Medicorum Helveticoruma (FMH) is a plus.
- Good command of English; Command of French is a plus.
- Computer literate.
- Requires 6 years of experience in a laboratory following clinical training.
- Prior supervisory or management experience is a plus.
Apply on company website