As a software engineer, you will participate in the design and development of next-generation, cloud-based SaaS web and mobile technologies to enable scalable, secure and intuitive access to data by Covance's global network of employees and commercial SaaS customers. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help drive product innovation and work with internal and external engineering teams to prototype and launch data-enabled capabilities and service offerings. Key areas of focus include: 1) the integration and analysis of preclinical, clinical, health outcomes, and social networking data to improve protocol design, clinical site selection, and patient enrollment; 2) the design of intuitive visual interfaces to enhance the efficiency and quality of clinical monitoring; 3) the development of advanced software systems and interfaces for clinical trial design and simulation; 4) the development of integrated clinical trial dashboards for internal and external use; and 5) the development of analytic tools and methodologies for resource forecasting and utilization.
We seek smart, focused, passionate self-starters who bring energy, new ideas and practical experience to a fast-paced and dynamic team, are obsessed with delivering useful and elegant solutions, and care deeply about their customers and each other.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software for integrating, processing and visualizing clinical data at scale.
- Participate in the full development cycle of web and mobile SaaS products from product inception, research and prototyping to release in production.
- Perform code reviews to ensure quality of programming through standards enforcement, peer code review and automated tools.
- Establish and promote agile development principles and best practices for software development.
- Partner with internal and external clients to translate business needs into elegant and workable systems.
- Measurably impact company performance by delivering high quality, scalable data products.
BS/MS in computer science, information systems, life sciences, or similar.Experience:
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in software development in delivery of custom data-driven software solutions
- Proficiency with building and consuming RESTful APIs and JSON
- Solid knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Strong knowledge of general algorithms, design patterns and good coding practices
- Experience with agile software development and the ability to rapidly iterate in a dynamic environment
- Experience with UI design principles, data visualization, and making apps work intuitively
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to apply standards and processes
- Self-motivated, strong delivery focus, and ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with full stack web application development
- Experience with cross platform mobile app development
- Experience with web application security
- Experience with DevOps and containerization(Docker) to support continuous delivery and automation
- Experience with NoSQL databases and big data technologies.
- Experience building cloud-based solutions with Amazon AWS or Azure
- Experience with life science and/or healthcare data.
Apply on company website