$2,000 SIgn on Bonus offered for external hires***
Monogram Biosciences (part of LabCorp) is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Technologist) to join its team in our new Diagnostic Immunology/Companion Diagnostics clinical laboratory. This position will initially focus on supporting development work associated with running new AAV (adeno-associated virus) assays used for gene therapy in rare diseases and cellular uptake assays which measure neutralizing antibody activity. Development work consists of performing hands-on lab work with specimens consisting of molecular techniques in cell-based systems and several diagnostic immunology platforms. Additionally, this position will run validated assays within Monogram's CLIA licensed laboratory: immunochemiluminometric (ICMA) quantitative, cell infectivity, and cellular uptake testing. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for reviewing QC records and testing results, entry of results, troubleshooting, and providing oversight for clinical laboratory technicians.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and be involved with the development and validation of new assays!
The schedule for this position will be:Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday-Thursday, 10am-630am or 11am-7:30pm
Shift differential of 10% offered for 11am start time, plus 7% shift differential for weekend days.
- Review and release results in the Laboratory Information System
- Utilize a wide array of instrumentation, plate readers (luminometers), plate washers, and performs quality control and calibrations as required
- Perform CLIA patient testing and completes all associated lab paperwork
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for specimen processing, performing test procedures, data analysis and reporting test results
- Recognize problems and initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems
- Perform appropriate QA/QC procedures
- Operate and maintain equipment and instruments according to manufacturer and Monogram Clinical Reference Lab (MCRL) established procedures including:
- Analysis of clinical specimens
- Preventive maintenance
- Actively participate in continuing education and in service training programs for licensure
- May participate in vendor/product evaluation
- Supervise unlicensed laboratory staff and clinical laboratory scientists in training, and provides technical guidance
Apply on company website